- To be a clear example of an open, self-governing organization with democratic rules.
- To connect people and deliver value to members through providing gathering place for enjoyable social interactions, broadening horizons and fostering open communication.
- To respect others irrespective of race, nationality, religion and sex.
- To adhere to democratic rules in all organizational structures.
- To advocate positive and optimistic thinking in all elements of discourse.
- To support networking for its members.
- To have a growing number of members with similar values.
- To invite guest speakers monthly to address the members with an interesting topic.
- To annually select a charitable project to be supported by the members.
- To arrange worldwide for reciprocity with similar clubs.
PRACTICAL SIGNIFICANCE FOR PRESENT TIMES
Are you tired of going to networking events where all you end up with is a stack of business cards, but no new ideas, stories or inspiration? Events where you have the same old conversation over and over again, and where the focus is too narrow to learn anything new or challenge your preconceptions...?
Grandhouse Club is the antidote you need. At Grandhouse Club, you will meet fresh faces from across the business, diplomatic and cultural spectrum in a relaxed, convivial atmosphere. You will hear stories from different areas of business and life which will throw new light on your problems and help you see the bigger picture. Grandhouse believes that true opportunities do not spring from shiny business cards, but from building relationships and being open to new ideas.
After a Grandhouse event, you will return to your industry refreshed and energised, with a broader perspective that will help you stand out from your peers so that you can go further than you thought possible before.
INAUGURAL SPEECH BY THE FOUNDER, DR ALBERT ROYAARDS, ON APRIL 10, 2012